Welcome Vitalant Blood Donors!
Vitalant is transitioning to a new, streamlined online account site for New Jersey and New York donors on April 23, 2024. When this occurs, you will be notified to create a new donor account. Until then, please continue using your current donor account site.
Some of the enhanced features include:
- Find a convenient donation site using your current location.
- Easily schedule an appointment by location and donation type.
- Complete a mobile-friendly health history questionnaire and email the bar-coded ticket to yourself.
- Share a digital ID with Vitalant staff from your phone. (You will be assigned a new donor ID number as a result of this transition.)
Some of the new features include:
- Access our mobile app to manage appointments, check wellness info and view your donation history.
- Refer-a-friend program that allows you to save even more lives.
- Preference center where you can change your communication preferences for email, text and mail.
Important Note about New Account Creation and Your Email Address
Our new site requires a unique email address for every donor. It will serve as your username so you can create a new online account (a one-time setup). If you haven’t yet given Vitalant your email address to include in your donor record, please contact us at 925-732-4380, or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it in our system. Once you create your new account on or after April 23 and log in, your historical donation and health information will be available. Donor recognition points also will automatically transfer to your new donor account as long as you are opted into the Donor Recognition Program AND have come to donate since Jan. 21, 2023. Please be aware that your new donor account will take you to a new recognition store.
If you currently share an email address with one or more Vitalant donors, we are asking each of you to create a unique email address as soon as possible to prepare for this transition. Once you have the new email address created, please contact us at the phone number or email address above so we can update it in our system.