Donating blood is an easy way for younger blood donors to show school pride and significantly help the communities in which they live. Becoming a volunteer blood donor at an early age helps establish a lifelong commitment to community service and saving lives.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Be sure to read the following information before printing and signing the consent form giving your minor donor permission to donate blood.
Students who are interested in blood donation must:
- Be at least 16 years old and have parental or guardian consent
- 17-year-old donors do not need parental or guardian consent unless they live in these states (or their school requires it): Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Utah, Washington or Wyoming
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Specific height/weight criteria may apply for donors 22 years old or younger
- Be in good general health
- Bring a consent form signed by a parent or guardian to your appointment
Learn more about blood donation eligibility
or call us at 877-25-VITAL (877-258-4825). Thank you for supporting our lifesaving mission!