Create Account / Log In
* All states reference information below, except New Jersey - Create an Account.
Creating a new online donor account is easy! Please follow the steps below or watch our video to complete your one-time account set up:
There are two ways to create a new online donor account:
- Download the Vitalant mobile app via the App Store or Google Play. Click the “Join Now” link at the bottom of the login screen and follow the prompts to create your account.
- Follow the steps outlined below to create your account online.
Note: Be sure to use the same email address that you used with your previous donor account to ensure your new donor account can be successfully created. If you have never donated with Vitalant before, please include your email address during account creation because it serves as your username.
- Visit donors.vitalant.org. Be sure to bookmark this site for future access.
- Click "Create an account" in the top banner. Note: Even if you have donated with Vitalant previously, you need to create a new donor account on this new site (a one-time set up).
- If you are unsure which email address is in your donor record or haven't yet provided it to us, please call 877-258-4825. Your email address cannot be used by another Vitalant donor. Each donor must have their own, unique email address in their donor record to be able to create a new donor portal account.
- Previous donors: click "Get Started" in the box with Donated at a Vitalant blood drive or donation center before?
First-time donors: click "Get Started" in the box with First time donating at a Vitalant blood drive or donation center?
- Previous donors: Enter your date of birth and email address (one that you've already provided to Vitalant that's in your current donor record) and click "Link Account."
First-time donors: Complete all fields and click "Submit." Please use your legal name. Do not use nicknames, suffixes, punctuation marks or special characters. Hyphenated names are acceptable as long as they match your legal ID.
- Once you click "Link Account" (or "Submit" for first-time Vitalant donors), you will see this message:
- You'll automatically receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Activate your donor account). This email includes a link you'll need to click to activate your new account. If you don't get this email, check your junk/spam email folder. Be sure to add both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email client’s “safe senders” list so you will get the email.
- After you click the link in the "Activate account" email, you'll be prompted to set up a password. Enter and re-enter your password and click "Submit."
Quick tip: Passwords must be at least 8 characters in length and include upper and lowercase letters, and at least one number and special character. Passwords are case sensitive.
- After you click "Submit," you'll see this message.
- Exit this message and click "Log In" to use your newly created credentials to log in to your donor account.
- You'll automatically receive another email from email@example.com, (subject line: Congrats! Your Account Was Successfully Activated).
If you are a previous donor and do not use the same email address to create your account that you provided to Vitalant when you donated, your account will NOT be linked to your donor record. As a result, you may not be able to view certain things in your online account, like donation eligibility, past donations, points earned (if you opted in to the Donor Recognition Program) and wellness information.
You can fix this by linking your newly-created account to your permanent account.
- Once you are logged in, click “My Profile.”
- Enter your donor ID number and click “Link Account.”
Quick tip:: Do not use any number that begins with a P. This is not a donor ID number. If you do not know your donor ID number, call us at 877-258-4825.
- You’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Finish Linking Donor Account).
Quick tip:: Be sure to click the link within the email to complete the process.
Still need help? We're just a phone call away: 877-258-4825. Or email email@example.com.
Answers to other common questions about your online donor account can be found here.